Open call for short film makers
Reception closes this Sunday June 30th
Los Andes University Cinema Club (Táchira campus) and BORDES*, open call for the participation of cinematographers, local and foreign, professionals and students or amateurs, in the 9th edition of our Cinephagus Meeting Festival. Works in the categories of fiction, documentary, video-art, dance film, musical video and animation are welcome, with a maximum length of twenty minutes.
Since 2011, cinema lovers from our local town in San Cristóbal, Venezuela, whom already gathered weekly in what we called Cinephagus Meeting, in order to enjoy films from different genres, cultures, style and epochs, make this call to Cinephagus from distant countries as well as fellow nationals and our Colombian neighbors, to join us in this yearly fest. Every August our aim is to collect videos from around the world, watch them together, discuss them as a learning experience and recognize outstanding works. For this final purpose, the Festivals’ Organization Committee designates qualified juries to evaluate the submitted material and award distinctions in seven main categories along with special mentions.
This nine years’ experience has been till this day a gratifying space for cinema lovers to gather, and a way of promoting works of art that are usually outside the mainstream exhibition circuits. We consider this our own school for Cinephagus and ask all artists, producers and film lovers around the globe to join us in the party.
This August 8, 9 and 10th, exhibitions and workshops will take place in the facilities of the Engineers Club in San Cristóbal, Venezuela.
Submission Rules and Guidelines
- Encuentro para Cinéfagos Festival does not require any restriction on the exclusivity of the submitted works. They may have been premiered or participated in other contests, festivals or screenings, be available online, etc. You are still welcome to apply.
- The production date of the short film must not be before January 1, 2017.
- Deadline for open call is June 30 of 2019.
- Short films that are not in Spanish must have subtitles in Spanish or English.
- Categories of submission: Fiction, Documentary, Animation, Video-Art, Dance Film and Musical Film.
- Time limit duration of each short film allowed for submission and previewing is 20 minutes (credits included).
- Participants from any part of Venezuela and other countries are welcome.
- Professional film-makers are allowed to submit videos as well as students and amateurs.
- Film reception through webtransfer, mega, dropbox or other service preferred by authors. Email download link to email@example.com. Allowed formats are mpeg2 and mp4.
- All participants must register through: http://www.bordes.com.ve/contact-form-7-id9428-titleformulario-ix-encuentro-para-cinefagos-2019/ and include poster image as well as registration fee.
- Registration fee of 5 USD $ applies for all film makers whose country of residence is other than Venezuela (currently undergoing a severe hyperinflation crisis). These contributions are directed towards a non-profit fund destined to finance art projects, production, research and education. Colombian residents may register in their local coin, with 20.000$.
- More than one work may be submitted by the same film makers (without additional fees). However, registration does not guarantee the projection of the film in the festival. The Organization Committee will make an official selection from all material submitted, and authors will receive a certificate acknowledging this distinction.
- The Organization Committee assumes the responsibility of presenting a curated program for the public, consisting of our official selection and special features as well as conferences and workshops. We are also responsible for designating a qualified jury and providing them with the material as well as evaluation criterion and any means necessary for the adequate completion of their task.
- Awards will be given in the categories of: Fiction, Documentary, Animation, Video-Art, Dance Film, Musical Film, National Film (Venezuelan) and Public Favorite. Special mentions may be granted for: Best Direction, Best Photography, Best Sound Design, Best Production and Outstanding Acting Performance. One special mention is for a BORDERS short film. This mention is customary for a film that embodies our festival spirit by addressing the subject of borders (barriers, frontiers, limits) in experimental language, with the transgression of classical genres.
- The jury will be comprised of three principal members, each one an acknowledged authority in the cinematographic guild, with different areas of expertise. The inclusion in this group of one scholar, academic, teacher or critic is mandatory to enhance our view of film as an object of study for esthetics and the result of an intellectual process as well as a work of art.
- After the Festival, further exhibitions of the films may be programmed in different platforms of public distribution for cultural and academic purposes. Registration implies the authorization of film makers for any further exhibition of submitted material programmed by the Festivals’ Organization Committee.
- Encuentro para Cinéfagos Festival reserves the right to use fragments of selected short films (less than 20 seconds) for the production of promotional audiovisual products.
- Registration implies the acceptance of all conditions stated above. Please read carefully and express any concerns by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may give your contribution, donation or registration fee through PayPal, following the link: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=-eN6xafBYaYwTi-knxj5s-jGvfSVCN_wSoxeyjWIkbD6ktj2pWjkBR9ZxUheovgPjwIjE0&country.x=US&locale.x=
*BORDES is an independent non-profit organization dedicated to research, education and arts promotion in the Venezuelan border with Colombia, Táchira)
"Trackback" Enlace desde tu web.